Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday

This is our campiste at the Cal-Cam Fairgrounds in Sulphur, LA, kinda scary but not too bad.  The horses had to stand tied to a metal pole all night in the rain.
They didn't seem to mind one bit in their raincoats with lots of hay and water.  I went to bed hoping they would still be there in the morning.  They were.  I went and did laundry (Lola can find laundromats I found out) in a very nice place, mostly Bobe's since he is Mister Clean and has to change his clothes a lot.  Yes....I told him we were CAMPING and not really doing much of anything  so he could maybe stretch those jeans a few days. 
We are both itching to go riding since we haven't been since Talladega.

I stayed in bed this morning and tried to sleep while Bobe drove the first two hours.  Not so much fun with two scared dogs whining and complaining the whole time, Grace kept plastering herself to me.  I finally gave up and called to be let out, of course we were right in Houston and had to stay in there a while longer.  We had breakfast at Denny's and are about 2 hours from our destination at 11:18 am.  We are doing good.

Here is the other part of the fairgrounds, there wasn't much else to it except a lot of trash in a ditch. NICE...at least it was FREE!!!
I am trying to make these letters super big in the hopes that our friend Bob (Cooter) can see it.  Sending you big Hugs Bob!
So one of my favorite moments from the week in Gulf Shores is when Joyce asked me at lunch, "So...why do you have those horses with you, are you just really attached or something." 

Like we are some super eccentric people that travel with their giant pets because we can't bear to leave them at home.  I thought that was hilarious.  Joyce if you are reading this I am not picking on you I just love to hear other people's perspectives.  Hey, I know a lady who travels with a bunch of cats !!! And another lady who travels with a bunny named Thumper. Now that is hilarious! 
So I think we are in Texas Hill country and starting to see some beautiful big horse ranches, you know the kind with a gazillion acres, very pretty.
Okay here is Bobe's Two Cents for the day:
By the way, NJ has not drove not one mile of this trip and we have went 2462.4 miles so far.  It would be nice if y'all would put in a good word for me and get her to drive once in a while. Also, she has only done chores one time on this whole trip (lying) and she has got this certain odor about her now as in spoiled rotten. whew!  If anyone can put a comment in here to get her to do anyting besides eat breakfast in bed everyday. Thank you very much, Bobe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh sis, just cause you take off your long johns , doesn't mean you don't have to change your drawers!!!LOLOLOL
    Love, Your big sis( in favor of daily hygiene)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Bobe I think this is payback for picking on me.
    (from Elise Bugala)

    ReplyDelete