Saturday, January 15, 2011

Golfing

Here it is January 15th, Wow does the time fly when it is warm out. (relatively speaking of course).  We have just said a sad goodbye to Dad and Joan as we are departing Gulf Shores in the morning heading for Austin Texas.  We will stop at a fairgrounds in  Sulphur, LA in between for 1 night.  We have had a crazy busy week here, it is hard to keep up with the 80 year olds I  will tell you. 
THEY PLAY HARD!
Yours, truly.
Today I went golfing with them, TWICE.  We did the 9 hole course, went to lunch at Jesse's a fabulous little restaurant (kind of reminded me of the French Laundry in Fenton) Then back to play it again in the same day.  Now I am not a golfer, only played once in my life about 10 years ago but it was FUN.  The first round I scored 55, it was under 100 so I was pretty happy.  The second round I got the low score of 36.  I do catch on fast.....sometimes.  Now I want to go to the golf range to practice.  Terry will have to learn how to share those clubs because i might be hooked.
Joan in her short pants.

Bobe

Dad

Yesterday we went to the Grand Hotel, walked on the boardwalk ogling the mansions then had lunch at the hotel.  We went with Tweety Bird, Mrs Tweety (Angie) and their two friends, Joyce and Gary.

One of the many nice beach houses but the live oaks are spectacular with their hanging moss.

Two days ago, Terry and I went to see the USS Alabama, parked in Mobile Bay since 1965.

View from above.

Capt Bobe.

I was really quite neat to scramble all over the thing.  Except freezing cold in there.

I'm saving the USS Drum, the submarine for tomorrow. And the story of Lamberts.

Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment