Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cruising through Oklahoma

It is sunny finally and 45 degrees out.  We are 58 miles from our destination in Oklahoma city and it is 4pm.  Yesterday we stayed in Bourbon, Missouri, yes I had some while there.  We arrived there about 8pm in the rain and were greeted by two lovely young british people who are staying with our hostess in a "Work-Away" program where people come here and work off their room and board.  Lady and the Tramp spent the night in a small corral with an attached shed.  Since it rained all night we were all glad for the shed.  When I greeted them this morning they were mud from head to hoof.  Good thing they had the shed.  I spent some time mucking out their wallowing pen and when I went back to get them to load into the trailer one of them (Lady) left me a nice pile inside the perfectly clean shed.  Nice.  Then while I was sliding around in the mud putting Lady's halter on, The Tramp left another load for me.  For some reason i left my muck boots at home and now my cowboy boots are gooped up with slippery black mud.  EEEWWWWW.  Had to hose off before getting in the truck.  Right after leaving this fine place while pulling up a huge hill, the truck did this weird thing.  It felt like the trailer came off it since it jerked so hard.  Scared the bejeezes out of me but it was fine and didn't do it again.  Terry said it burped while trying to shift.  Who knows.  Wow, diesel here is $3.79.  How scary is that that we are excited about $3.79.  Pray for us to make it safe and Terry's belly to hold together since the took the tape off the incision.

No comments:

Post a Comment