Monday, December 17, 2012

Coming home

 
 
The ride down the mountain was beautiful.  Our horses were amazing since it was straight downhill for 3 miles.  We were all glad to get back to the water hole and then back to the cabin.  Margie and I shared a toddy as I celebrated not falling off the trail and all of us making it safely to the cabin.  We had an interesting dinner of leftover steak and freeze dried dinners, yum.
   
 
 
I thought these trees were beautiful, bleached white over time, I wondered why they grow in a spiral?
 
 
 
Here our story jumps from our descent off the mountain to the last water hole before home.  We rode about 8 hours the last day and it was a long way betweeen water holes. (about 5 hours)  Our ponies were all glad to see this cow waterer about 45 minutes from Dorly's.  The only thing I didn't photograph on the last day was a huge spider, my first sighting of a live taranchela (sp?)  I thought wow I should get a picture of that, then decided EWWWWWWW I don't want a picture of a giant icky spider so you will just have to take my word on that.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was great to get home that night, take care of the horses and give them a proper meal, all they could eat!  It was a great adventure!  I went to bed at 7pm and slept until 6am.  Haven't been that tired in  a long while!

No comments:

Post a Comment