Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 3- Michigan Shore-to-Shore ride

Good Day,
Day 3, hmmmmm...We had a great night at southbranch camp, grilled pork chops over the fire, beans and spaghetti salad.  It doesn't get any better than that.  After dinner I got a haircut lesson from Connie watching her cut Toms and Bobes hair.  She is hilarious, singing raucus songs while she cuts hair.  I have pics of this but I am not at home at the moment so will post the pics next time.  During haircutting 101, Lowell and Mike played and sang for us.  I am sitting there chatting and suddenly hear Lowell singing the words "Gracie and Maryjean" in a song.  He was singing a song he wrote for us based on our out west trip and blog.  I have it on video and will post it here next time.  It was so good I almost cried!!  The poor man, I told him he would have to play that song a lot, possibly every day and maybe twice and he was okay with that.  Even Gracie and Maryjean listen with rapt attention since their names are in it a few times.  We rode out the next morning heading for McKinley camp.  The ride winds along the AuSable river most of the day.  About half way we get to stop at Curtisville store for a nice lunch break including hot sandwiches and cold drinks and ice cream!
I know I said I would introduce you to Morgan todoy but since I don't have pics with me to share I will do it next time.  Hold on Morgan, your page is coming next, I promise!  Next stop, McKinley camp!!

p.s. In case you are wondering why I am not at home, I am watching my neighbors kids, Leah,3 and Thomas 5 so Mom and Dad can enjoy some adult entertainment at MIS for the weekend.  We traded 12 days of feeding horses for 24 hours of babysitting!  We have been having fun with them and now as I sip coffe while blogging they are watching Dora. Yippee

No comments:

Post a Comment