Monday, December 27, 2010

Packing, packing packing, countdown to leaving in 34 hours...

34 hours and counting, the hay is loaded, the horses are shod, the Christmas tree is back in the basement with the mice and the laundry is almost done.  Heading up stairs to take the 2nd to last swim in the big tub before we head out for parts unknown on Wed. am.  Our beloved elderlies Miss and Junior are safely stowed at the fat farm in Fenton under the watchful eye of dear friends Pocahontas and Uncle Steve.  Gracie has been at me heels all day wondering if she gets to go.  "Yes, I assured her, you too MJ."  I have packed 1 pair of shorts, and 1 pair of long johns for the trip and everything in between... hoping I won't be wearing that winter coat much.  Definately leaving the snowpants at home and those darned rubbery ice clips for the bottom of my boots.  Wondering how many books to take?????  Thinking I might like this blogging, I can't seem to shut up.  Better get swimming, tomorrow will be here soon and the raw panic of the last day before leaving for 3 months! Goodnight

2 comments:

  1. I'm already jealous! We'll be thinking about you and praying for a safe trip. Love ya's...Maatha Rae and Jeb.

    ReplyDelete